Fewer tech companies appeared on the annual Best Places to Work in 2021 list from Glassdoor, a provider of insights related to jobs and companies, but some of the more well-known names on the list saw their ranking rebound.
Glassdoor has more than 70 million reviews and insights on over 1.3 million companies, and it tallies 50 million-plus unique users each month. It has some 12,000 employer clients.
The average CEO rating on the platform is 72%, and the average company rating is 3.5 out of five, with 76% of employees saying they are â€œOKâ€� or â€œsatisfiedâ€� with their jobs and companies.
Glassdoor released its lists of the 100 best companies to work in the U.S. (1,000 or more employees) and the 50 best small and midsized businesses (fewer than 1,000), ranking them on a five-point scale based on anonymous employee reviews.
Bain & Co. led the top 100, reclaiming the title from HubSpot. There were 28 tech companies on the list, down from 31 on the 2020 list, and Glassdoor highlighted significant rankings gains by Apple (up 53 spots), Salesforce (17), Facebook (12) and Google (five).
Tech companies in the top 100 follow, along with their 2021 ranking, their zero-through-five score and their 2020 ranking:
- Nvidia (No. 2, 4.5, No. 20)
- HubSpot (No. 4, 4.5, No. 1)
- Google (No. 6, 4.5, No. 11)
- Microsoft (No. 9, 4.5, No. 21)
- Facebook (No. 11, 4.4, No. 23)
- LinkedIn (No. 13,4.4, No. 12)
- DocuSign (No. 15, 4.4, No. 3)
- KnowBe4 (No. 16, 4.4, n.a.)
- Salesforce (No. 17, 4.4, No. 34)
- RingCentral (No. 18, 4.4, n.a.)
- Zoom Video Communications (No. 22, 4.4, n.a.)
- MathWorks (No. 25, 4.4, No. 16)
- Zscaler (No. 26, 4.4, n.a.)
- Apple (No. 31, 4.4, No. 84)
- Intuit (No. 34, 4.3, No. 70)
- SurveyMonkey (No. 43, 4.3, No. 33)
- Cisco Systems (No. 46, 4.3, No. 77)
- Qualcomm (No. 54, 4.3, n.a.)
- VMware (No. 57, 4.3, No. 36)
- PayPal (No. 59, 4.3, n.a.)
- Workday (No. 60, 4.3, n.a.)
- Adobe (No. 64, 4.3, No. 39)
- Slack (No. 71, 4.3, No. 69)
- Health Catalyst (No. 75, 4.3, n.a.)
- Blue Yonder (No. 93, 4.2, No. 57)
- Box (No. 94, 4.2, n.a.)
- Equinix (No. 96, 4.2, n.a.)
- CDW (No. 97, 4.2, No. 51)
Glassdoor also shared some anonymous comments from employees:
- Google: â€œPeople here are very smart and motivated, and they put a huge emphasis on work-life balance. Compensation is good, too,â€� Looker sales employee based in San Francisco.
- Microsoft: â€œGood work-life balance, teamwork, great culture, flexibility to pursue my intellectual goal and challenge my potential,â€� program manager based in Seattle.
- Facebook: â€œManagement has been super supportive with the transition to remote work and working from home due to Covid-19,â€� privacy program manager based in New York.
- LinkedIn: â€œThe company really cares about the wellness of its employees, especially during Covid-19. Benefits are amazing,â€� staff software engineer based in Mountain View, Calif.
- Salesforce: â€œInclusive, best pay and benefits, smartest co-workers, excellent Covid-19 response,â€� principal technical writer based in San Francisco.
- Apple: â€œApple is a workplace of respect, value to people, innovation, teamwork. The culture is inclusive,â€� front-end architect based in Cupertino, Calif.
- Adobe: â€œThe compensation and benefits are excellent, but even more impressive is the flexibility with time. That is remarkable,â€� senior finance manager based in Lehi, Utah.
- Slack: â€œLeadership cares about the people and has been incredibly supportive of time off and life balance during Covid-19,â€� senior software engineer based in Denver.
Life.Church topped the list of the 50 top SMBs, and 14 tech companies were included, down from 21 in 2020.
Tech companies in the top 50 follow, along with their 2021 ranking, their zero-through-five score and their 2020 ranking:
- Pariveda Solutions (No. 4, 4.9, No. 11)
- Harness (No. 6, 4.9, n.a.)
- Lower (No. 10, 4.9, No. 21)
- Sage Intacct (No. 12, 4.8, n.a.)
- Asana (No. 14, 4.8, n.a.)
- Ping Identity (No. 19, 4.8, n.a.)
- Flockjay (No. 21, 4.8, n.a.)
- Wonolo (No. 24, 4.8, n.a.)
- pMD (No. 28, 4.8, n.a.)
- Highspot (No. 33, 4.8, No. 6)
- SecureLink (TX) (No. 35, 4.7, No. 24)
- Simplus (No. 37, 4.7, n.a.)
- Sprout Social (No. 44, 4.7, No. 39)
- Ridgeline (No. 48, 4.7, n.a.)
The post Glassdoor Releases Best Places to Work in 2021 Lists appeared first on TechFans.