One of the latest major streaming services is NBCâ€™s PeacockÂ and with the start of 2021, The OfficeÂ has left Netflix is officially only streaming on NBCâ€™s new service. Read along with our full guide on how to watch Peacock free on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and the web, whatâ€™s available on the service, what you get with the paid plans, how to watchÂ The Office, and more.
How to watchÂ The OfficeÂ on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV with Peacock
The Office has officially moved from Netflix to Peacock and NBC knows how much pull the hit show has. Which Peacock plan you pick will determine how much access you get to The Office.
- Peacockâ€™s free plan includes The Office seasons 1 and 2,
- Peacock Premium/Premium Plus include all seasons ofÂ The OfficeÂ and extended cuts/deleted scenes
- Donâ€™t forget some Xfinity and Cox subscribers will get free Peacock Premium.
- Read on below for how to get started with Peacock and how to watch The Office
Peacock is literally pricing their service based on how much of the Office you can watch what is going on pic.twitter.com/mTHX0GYXSh
â€” cowabummer (@ItsRetroNemo) January 5, 2021
What is NBCâ€™s Peacock TV?
Peacock is NBCâ€™s streaming service that competes with Hulu, Disney+, Apple TV+, Netflix, and more. Peacock includes a variety of on-demand and live content from TV shows to movies, sports to news.
There are three different tiers of the service with a totally free, ad-supported option that will certainly entice many to try out Peacock. And if youâ€™re already an Xfinity or Cox subscriber you can get the premium plan for free.
How to watch Peacock on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and the web
- Download the Peacock app on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV (or head to the Peacock web sign-up page)
- Create a free account (no credit card needed) with your email and a password
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions and tap â€œStart Watchingâ€� (or â€œCreate Accountâ€� on the web)
- Youâ€™re all set to watch for free!
- If youâ€™re an Xfinity or Cox cable subscriber, you can get Peacock Premium for free (link your Xfinity account here, details on using a Cox account here)
The first time you watch Peacock on an Apple device youâ€™ll get a prompt to ask if youâ€™d like the Apple TV app to connect with the service. While you can browse Peacock through the Apple TV app, like Disney+ it looks like playing the content takes you to the Peacock app, though.
What will be on Peacock?
As youâ€™d guess, thereâ€™s a little catch if you watch the free Peacock plan: It doesnâ€™t allow access to all of the streaming serviceâ€™s on-demand and live content. But it does offer a nice amount of content (including both on-demand and live) at no cost.
Content thatâ€™s only available with a Premium or Premium Plus will be marked with a purple peacock feather in the top left-hand corner of thumbnails.
Some popular content available includes:
- The Office
- Parks and Recreation
- 30 Rock
- Saturday Night Live
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Americaâ€™s Got Talent
- Downton Abbey
- Law & Order
- Friday Night Lights
- Jurassic Park
- The MatrixÂ series
- The Bourne IdentityÂ series
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Curious George
- Whereâ€™s Waldo?
All in all, NBC says Peacock has hundreds of movies, thousands of TV episodes, sports, news, content for kids, as well as Peacock originals likeÂ Brave New WorldÂ based on Aldous Huxleyâ€™s 1932 novel.
How much is NBCâ€™s Peacock streaming service?
If you give the free Peacock plan a try and find yourself wanting access to everything youâ€™ve got two paid options:
- Peacock Premium priced at $4.99/month
- Includes a free 7-day trial
- â€œAn all access pass to everything Peacock has to offer â€” every movie, every episode, every season, all our live sports.â€�
- Peacock Premium Plus priced at $9.99/month
- Includes a free 7-day trial
- â€œGet everything included in Peacock Premium, plus ad-free* streaming. *Peacock Channels, events, and a few shows & movies will still contain ads.â€�
If you want to upgrade, you can find the option in settings. On the iOS app, from the bottom â€œTrendingâ€� tab, tap theÂ account profile icon in the top-right corner, then under the Plans & Payment tab pick which premium plan youâ€™d like.
How to cancel Peacock Premium or Premium Plus
If you make the upgrade to one of the paid premium Peacock plans and want to downgrade back to the free plan:
- Head to your account profile as shown above
- Select theÂ Payment & PlansÂ tab at the top
- ChooseÂ Change Plan
- SelectÂ Peacock Free
Note that your plan will switch after the current billing cycle ends. For details on how to totally delete your Peacock account after canceling a paid plan, follow along with NBCâ€™s support article here.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
The post How to watch The Office on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, web appeared first on TechFans.